ph to low. What can i do?
You have several options!
Recommendes is checking/acting according following list (from top to bottom):
- Water surface must be moving (it might need to reposition your flow pumps)
- Air above tank must circulate (closed cover ? Maybe you need a fan)
- Improve aeration of your room (open/close all windows regularly)
- Increase percentage of your tanks invertebrates that do photosynthesis
(Corals, Anemones, Gorgonians, Algae, ..)
- Optimize your lighting (better lighting = better photosynthesis)
- Use a skimmer effective in oxygen and use an air hose for the skimmer coming from outdoor
- To many / big fish -> Reduce
Short termed raise of ph in case of emergency:
- Add lime water (lime water powder, Calziumhydroxid / Ca(OH)2 )
- Buffer pH by increasing Alkalinity -> bring Carbonate hardness to 8-10 �dH (see Balling Method)